Now, this person is entitled to her opinion, but she should at least have her facts straight. First off, she is wrong to assume I act out of "pure contempt for others." Not true at all. Second, I would contend that I am not "misgendering" anyone. No, first off, I don't buy into the transgender silliness that one is automatically entitled to be referred to with certain pronouns simply because they claim to be a certain "gender," or more accurated because they purport to be presenting as a certain gender. Words have meanings, and if I honestly believe someone is not a woman, I am not going to use female pronouns to refer to them out of some hypocritical adherence to political correctness. If I refer to someone with female pronouns, it is because I accept that person as a woman, not because they simply claim to be one.
i can’t stand Jennifer, because out of pure contempt for others, she misgenders people. i don’t know anyone else who does that
So, no, I am not misgendering people. I am just being honest. I think it is silly to refer to a crossdresser with female pronouns, just because they are "en femme" (the silly term they seem to prefer) or to call someone who lived most of his life quite comfortably as a successful man by female pronouns just because he decided that "just" crossdressing is not enough, and now he wants to do it all the time.
The ironic thing is, except for being a bit puzzled at why anyone who seems to be otherwise quite transsexual would ever call their self a "T-girl," we generally seem to be on the same page.
Now, I would also like to remind people that, unlike most of the transgender blogs, I generally do not engage in censorship. Pretty much anyone is welcome to come and post here. The only real rule I have is that people not make personal attacks on others. Disagreement is fine, and is welcomed for that matter. But please don't attack people. So, even the gender fascists and transgenders are welcome. Even if they have blocked me from posting on their web sites. I don't play those silly games. Unlike them, I am not afraid of disagreement.
And finally, I have to say, it really gets amusing watching Suzan Cooke obsessing about me. Cooke really needs to:
- Admit that she has pretty much turned into a transgender. Calling herself a "Woman Born Transsexual" is getting sillier and sillier.
- Drop by and comment here. Her hiding behind her ban on my posting so she doesn't actually have to face having her silliness challenged is really lame.
- Wake up and realize that the Sixties have been over for almost forty years. They are never really coming back.
- Realize that I am not targetting her. I post about any transgender silliness. She just happens to crank out more of it than some others, especially of late.
- Finally, she really should get a life.
And remember folks, you are welcome to comment. Seriously.