Friday, October 18, 2013

I Screwed Up...

In a post yesterday, I misattributed a position to Cathy Brennan.  I apologize for that.  I said, "...she simply points out a simple fact, that "a trans person in the restroom is 'inherently intimidating and harassing.' " "  This not a position she has taken, and I should not have attributed it to her.  This was a position that was stated by the Pacific Justice Institute, and I misunderstood Ms. Brennan's views concerning.

In short, dear readers, I did the sort of thing that Mr. "Cristan" Williams does regularly, though in this case, my purpose was not to attack Cathy Brennan.  Nevertheless, I did attribute a position to her that she does not hold, and that was wrong.  Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

I will also correct the post from yesterday to remove the error.

2 comments:

Jessica Sideways said...

But "a trans person in the restroom is 'inherently intimidating and harassing.' " is not a fact. I live full-time, have assimilated into the general culture and no one seems to be harassed when I need to use the restroom.

Just Jennifer said...

I was referring to a situation where the person is well known to be a trans person. Most transsexuals are not going to broadcast their history.